Research ShowCASE 2015 - Save the Date, Download the App
Friday, April 17, 2015
9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Veale Convocation Center
Download the CWRU Research ShowCASE 2015 Mobile App and start planning your visit.
Once you've downloaded the app, you can:
- Select Guidebook from the Apple App Store or Android Marketplace or visit http://guidebook.com/getit from your smartphone
- Search under “Schools” and choose “Case Western Reserve University”
- Choose “Research ShowCASE 2015”
- Start exploring!
- View the Schedule of Events
- Search for posters of interest
- Map out the posters you want to see
- Take one of our pre-defined “Journeys” to view posters on specific topics
- See where to park
- See our sponsors
Check us out:
Like us on FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/CWRUResearchShowcase
Tweet about us using #CWRUShowCASE2015
On the web at http://showcase.case.edu.
Did You Know?
Grant proposals are due in the Office of Research Administration (or Office of Grants & Contracts in SOM) at least 5 working days before the sponsor’s deadline. This allows time for an institutional review and correction of errors or omissions. As soon as you decide to submit a grant, contact your designated ORA or OGC specialist to let him/her know to expect your proposal. All funding proposals are now submitted on-line through the Sparta system.
Office of Research Administration: https://research.case.edu/index.cfm
Office of Grants & Contracts in SOM: http://casemed.case.edu/grantscontracts/
Sparta System: https://sparta.case.edu/.
Reminder: New NIH biosketch format effective May 25th, 2015
The new NIH Biosketch format will take effect for applications submitted on or after May 25, 2015. Key changes include:
- Extending the biosketch page limit to 5 pages
- Allowing PIs and researchers to include up to four references in their personal statement
- Allowing researchers to describe up to five of their most important contributions to science
- Allowing researchers to include a link that provides access to a full list of your published work
Kathy Blazar, interim director at our Cleveland Health Sciences Library, has prepared a power point presentation that can help you navigate the new format: http://www.case.edu/chsl/library/NIHBiosketch.pptx.
Additional points to consider:
If you have questions about the process, please contact Kathy Blazar at email@example.com.
- Investigators need to update their personal profile on eRA Commons
- Public access compliance need to be up to date
- All non-CWRU, most especially international, collaborators must also be compliant if they are named as key personnel.
Department of Defense
The Department of Defense has announced the following new funding opportunities:
Department of the Army - USAMRAA
DoD Ovarian Cancer Clinical Translational Award
DoD Ovarian Cancer Investigator-Initiated Research Award
DoD Ovarian Cancer Academy - Early-Career Investigator Award
DoD Ovarian Cancer Pilot Award
Student Researchers and COI Disclosures
Student researchers who are listed on human subjects research protocols are required to have an Outside Interest Disclosure form on file with the Office of Research Administration (ORA). To help establish that the design, conduct, and reporting of research will be free from bias resulting from Investigator financial conflict of interests, disclosures are required not only for faculty and staff, but also student researchers.
For more information on the CWRU Outside Interest Disclosure process, see: https://research.case.edu/Compliance/COI.cfm.
If you have news or information that you wish to have included in this
update, please send it via e-mail to Tracy Wilson-Holden at
firstname.lastname@example.org no later than
5 pm on the Monday of the week that the update is to be distributed. If you
know of individuals who may be interested in receiving this update, please forward this e-mail to them. To subscribe or unsubscribe
to Case Research News, email your request to Tora Williams at
Please note: At the time of this transmission, all links functioned.
However, Case Research News cannot guarantee that the information will not move or be