Take Advantage of All Pivot Has to Offer
For years, Community of Science (COS) has been recognized around the world for its funding from a wide variety of sources as well as its access to the world’s research community.
CWRU has subscribed to COS's new product, Pivot, which provides you the edge by bringing together the right research opportunities, funding, and people—quickly and easily. It provides global and local connections that strengthen research by exploring new avenues for funding and collaboration—for faculty, staff researchers, and graduate students.
Learn more about how to use all the features Pivot has to offer.
- provide access to the most comprehensive global source of funding opportunities;
- identify research expertise from within or outside of CWRU;
- foster collaboration by cultivating essential partnerships and alliances; and
- build strong network connections for future opportunities.
Sign up for a Pivot Webinar: https://refworks.webex.com/refworks/onstage/g.php?p=4&t=m.
Reminder: New NIH biosketch format effective May 25th, 2015
The new NIH Biosketch format will take effect for applications submitted on or after May 25, 2015. Key changes include:
- Extending the biosketch page limit to 5 pages
- Allowing PIs and researchers to include up to four references in their personal statement
- Allowing researchers to describe up to five of their most important contributions to science
- Allowing researchers to include a link that provides access to a full list of your published work
Kathy Blazar, interim director at our Cleveland Health Sciences Library, has prepared a power point presentation that can help you navigate the new format: http://www.case.edu/chsl/library/NIHBiosketch.pptx.
Additional points to consider:
If you have questions about the process, please contact Kathy Blazar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Investigators need to update their personal profile on eRA Commons
- Public access compliance need to be up to date
- All non-CWRU, most especially international, collaborators must also be compliant if they are named as key personnel.
Department of Defense
The Department of Defense has announced the following new funding opportunities:
Department of the Army - USAMRAA
DoD Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Research Awards
DoD Orthotics and Prosthetics Outcomes Research Award
DoD Ovarian Cancer Research Program Awards
DoD Breast Cancer Research Program Awards
DoD Bone Marrow Failure Idea Development Award
DoD Peer Reviewed Medical Research Program
DoD Joint En Route Care Training Initiative Award
Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA)
DARPA-RA-15-32 Young Faculty Award
Harrington Discovery Institute, University Hospitals of Cleveland
The Harrington Discovery Institute has announced the call for applications for the 2016 Harrington Scholar-Innovator Award. The award recognizes physician-scientists throughout the U.S. whose drug discovery research has the potential to change standard of care.
The Harrington Discovery Institute is committed to providing Scholar-Innovator awardees with a full level of support, including:
• Up to $700,000 over two years ($100,000 guaranteed)
• Additional funding according to the needs of specific projects
• Project management support through our Innovation Support Center
Applicants must have a doctorate in medicine, be on faculty at an accredited U.S.-based academic institution, and must demonstrate exceptional promise.
Deadline for Letter of Intent: May 1, 2015
Deadline for Proposals (for those invited): August 3, 2015
For more information visit the Harrington Discovery Institute website.
Friday, March 27, 2015
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Wolstein Research Building Auditorium, Room 1413
From data processing and visualization to supercomputers and cloud computing, the diverse schedule will allow attendees to explore a variety of topics. Through interactive sessions, participants also will discover local resources for meeting their research computing needs.
Cyberinfrastructure Day is open to the campus community; however, faculty, researchers, graduate students, postdocs and support staff are especially encouraged to attend. Participants may opt to attend individual sessions or the entire day-long event, which is co-sponsored by Dell Inc. Arista Networks and MathWorks.
Registration for this event is required. To RSVP and view a detailed agenda, visit www.eventbrite.com/e/cyberinfrastucture-day-2015-registration-15379738211.
If you have news or information that you wish to have included in this
update, please send it via e-mail to Tracy Wilson-Holden at
email@example.com no later than
5 pm on the Monday of the week that the update is to be distributed. If you
know of individuals who may be interested in receiving this update, please forward this e-mail to them. To subscribe or unsubscribe
to Case Research News, email your request to Tora Williams at
Please note: At the time of this transmission, all links functioned.
However, Case Research News cannot guarantee that the information will not move or be