Sparta Funding Proposals for Continuations
We are currently aware of an issue that has occurred in a small number of Continuations being created off of imported eURFs. These continuations are being generated without proposed budgets preventing users from updating the financial information needed for the continuation.
The support team is working with the vendor to find a solution. If you need to create a continuation, please allow as much time as possible in case this situation occurs.
We hope to have this fixed as soon as possible.
CWRU researchers who receive requests for information that invoke the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) should contact the Office of General Counsel. This should be done immediately so the extremely short deadlines under FOIA can be met. General Counsel can work with the faculty member to take steps to protect proprietary or confidential information from grants and protocols prior to the release of the requested information. Individual researchers should not release information without first consulting with the CWRU Office of General Counsel.
For more information, contact the Office of General Counsel at: http://www.case.edu/president/counsel/contactus.html.
Reminder: New NIH biosketch format effective May 25th, 2015
The new NIH Biosketch format will take effect for applications submitted on or after May 25, 2015. Key changes include:
- Extending the biosketch page limit to 5 pages
- Allowing PIs and researchers to include up to four references in their personal statement
- Allowing researchers to describe up to five of their most important contributions to science
- Allowing researchers to include a link that provides access to a full list of your published work
Kathy Blazar, interim director at our Cleveland Health Sciences Library, has prepared a power point presentation that can help you navigate the new format: http://www.case.edu/chsl/library/NIHBiosketch.pptx.
Additional points to consider:
If you have questions about the process, please contact Kathy Blazar at email@example.com.
- Investigators need to update their personal profile on eRA Commons
- Public access compliance need to be up to date
- All non-CWRU, most especially international, collaborators must also be compliant if they are named as key personnel.
Take Advantage of All Pivot Has to Offer
For years, Community of Science (COS) has been recognized around the world for its funding from a wide variety of sources as well as its access to the world’s research community.
CWRU has subscribed to COS's new product, Pivot, which provides you the edge by bringing together the right research opportunities, funding, and people—quickly and easily. It provides global and local connections that strengthen research by exploring new avenues for funding and collaboration—for faculty, staff researchers, and graduate students.
Learn more about how to use all the features Pivot has to offer.
- provide access to the most comprehensive global source of funding opportunities;
- identify research expertise from within or outside of CWRU;
- foster collaboration by cultivating essential partnerships and alliances; and
- build strong network connections for future opportunities.
Sign up for a Pivot Webinar: https://refworks.webex.com/refworks/onstage/g.php?p=4&t=m.
Research ShowCASE 2015 - Save the Date, Download the App
Friday, April 17, 2015
9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Veale Convocation Center
Download the CWRU Research ShowCASE 2015 Mobile App and start planning your visit.
Once you've downloaded the app, you can:
- Select Guidebook from the Apple App Store or Android Marketplace or visit http://guidebook.com/getit from your smartphone
- Search under “Schools” and choose “Case Western Reserve University”
- Choose “Research ShowCASE 2015”
- Start exploring!
- View the Schedule of Events
- Search for posters of interest
- Map out the posters you want to see
- Take one of our pre-defined “Journeys” to view posters on specific topics
- See where to park
- See our sponsors
Check us out:
Like us on FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/CWRUResearchShowcase
Tweet about us using #CWRUShowCASE2015
On the web at http://showcase.case.edu.
If you have news or information that you wish to have included in this
update, please send it via e-mail to Tracy Wilson-Holden at
firstname.lastname@example.org no later than
5 pm on the Monday of the week that the update is to be distributed. If you
know of individuals who may be interested in receiving this update, please forward this e-mail to them. To subscribe or unsubscribe
to Case Research News, email your request to Tora Williams at
Please note: At the time of this transmission, all links functioned.
However, Case Research News cannot guarantee that the information will not move or be