NSF CAREER Workgroup
Faculty members planning to apply for a National Science Foundation (NSF) CAREER Award are invited to participate in a new writing group being formed for support, accountability and feedback.
Email FacDev@case.edu to join.
Research ShowCASE 2015 - Save the Date, Download the App
Friday, April 17, 2015
9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Veale Convocation Center
Download the CWRU Research ShowCASE 2015 Mobile App and start planning your visit.
Once you've downloaded the app, you can:
- Select Guidebook from the Apple App Store or Android Marketplace or visit http://guidebook.com/getit from your smartphone
- Search under “Schools” and choose “Case Western Reserve University”
- Choose “Research ShowCASE 2015”
- Start exploring!
- View the Schedule of Events
- Search for posters of interest
- Map out the posters you want to see
- Take one of our pre-defined “Journeys” to view posters on specific topics
- See where to park
- See our sponsors
Check us out:
Like us on FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/CWRUResearchShowcase
Tweet about us using #CWRUShowCASE2015
On the web at http://showcase.case.edu.
Community-Based Research Consult Service
The Case Center for Reducing Health Disparities is funded by the National Institutes of Health to offer a variety of services to faculty members, health care providers, student researchers, and community organizations. One of our many services include a Community-Based Research Consult Service to help researchers and organizations develop quality research.
The consult service has expertise in areas including, but not limited to: research project development, IRB application process, grants assistance and funding, survey development and refinement, needs assessment, data collection, program evaluation, best practices, focus group development, recruitment strategies, dissemination of findings, and Spanish Translation.
For additional information, visit the Center for Reducing Health Disparities website: http://www.reducedisparity.org/.
For assistance, please contact Katrice Cain (216-778-8467 or email@example.com) or Mary Ellen Lawless (216-778-1304 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
Department of Defense
The Department of Defense has announced the following new funding opportunities:
Department of the Army - USAMRAA
DoD Breast Cancer Breakthrough Award Levels 1 and 2
DoD Breast Cancer Breakthrough Award Levels 3 and 4
DoD Breast Cancer Innovator Award
DoD Breast Cancer Era of Hope Scholar Award
DoD Breast Cancer Distinguished Investigator Award
Reminder: New NIH biosketch format effective May 25th, 2015
The new NIH Biosketch format will take effect for applications submitted on or after May 25, 2015. Key changes include:
- Extending the biosketch page limit to 5 pages
- Allowing PIs and researchers to include up to four references in their personal statement
- Allowing researchers to describe up to five of their most important contributions to science
- Allowing researchers to include a link that provides access to a full list of your published work
Kathy Blazar, interim director at our Cleveland Health Sciences Library, has prepared a power point presentation that can help you navigate the new format: http://www.case.edu/chsl/library/NIHBiosketch.pptx.
Additional points to consider:
If you have questions about the process, please contact Kathy Blazar at email@example.com.
- Investigators need to update their personal profile on eRA Commons
- Public access compliance need to be up to date
- All non-CWRU, most especially international, collaborators must also be compliant if they are named as key personnel.
If you have news or information that you wish to have included in this
update, please send it via e-mail to Tracy Wilson-Holden at
firstname.lastname@example.org no later than
5 pm on the Monday of the week that the update is to be distributed. If you
know of individuals who may be interested in receiving this update, please forward this e-mail to them. To subscribe or unsubscribe
to Case Research News, email your request to Tora Williams at
Please note: At the time of this transmission, all links functioned.
However, Case Research News cannot guarantee that the information will not move or be