U.S. Department of Education
The U.S. Department of Education is now accepting applications for the Fulbright-Hays Doctoral Dissertation Research Abroad Grant Program. DDRA provides grants to colleges and universities to fund individual doctoral students who conduct research in other countries, in modern foreign languages and area studies for periods of six to 12 months. This grant competition is held, annually.
Application Deadline: April 28, 2015
For more information visit the U.S. Department of Education website.
Department of Defense
The Department of Defense has announced the following new funding opportunities:
Department of the Army - USAMRAA
DoD Lung Cancer Career Development Award
DoD Lung Cancer Exploration Award
DoD Lung Cancer Idea Development Award
NEW Limited Submission: William T. Grant Foundation Scholars Program
Key Deadlines: May 18, 2015 (CWRU internal letter of intent); July 8, 2015 (Sponsor's submission deadline).
The William T. Grant Scholars Program supports early-career researchers in the social, behavioral, and health sciences. They encourage Scholars to tackle important questions that will advance theory, policy, and practice for youth. Applicants identify new methods, disciplines, or content they want to learn, and propose five-year research plans that foster their growth in those areas. They recognize that early-career researchers are rarely given incentives or support to take such risks, so this award includes a mentoring component. Potential Scholars should have a promising track record of conducting high-quality research, but want to pursue a significant shift in their trajectories as researchers.
The Foundation supports research to understand and improve the everyday settings of youth ages 5 to 25 in the United States. The Foundation funds studies that enhance our understanding of: (1) reducing inequality, (2) understanding the use of research evidence, and (3) understanding social changes.
Number of Applications Allowed: One applicant each year
For more information on this limited submission opportunity, visit the Office of Research Administration website.
Research ShowCASE 2015 - Save the Date, Download the App
Friday, April 17, 2015
9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Veale Convocation Center
Download the CWRU Research ShowCASE 2015 Mobile App and start planning your visit.
Once you've downloaded the app, you can:
- Select Guidebook from the Apple App Store or Android Marketplace or visit http://guidebook.com/getit from your smartphone
- Search under “Schools” and choose “Case Western Reserve University”
- Choose “Research ShowCASE 2015”
- Start exploring!
- View the Schedule of Events
- Search for posters of interest
- Map out the posters you want to see
- Take one of our pre-defined “Journeys” to view posters on specific topics
- See where to park
- See our sponsors
Check us out:
Like us on FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/CWRUResearchShowcase
Tweet about us using #CWRUShowCASE2015
On the web at http://showcase.case.edu.
Reminder: New NIH biosketch format effective May 25th, 2015
The new NIH Biosketch format will take effect for applications submitted on or after May 25, 2015. Key changes include:
- Extending the biosketch page limit to 5 pages
- Allowing PIs and researchers to include up to four references in their personal statement
- Allowing researchers to describe up to five of their most important contributions to science
- Allowing researchers to include a link that provides access to a full list of your published work
Kathy Blazar, interim director at our Cleveland Health Sciences Library, has prepared a power point presentation that can help you navigate the new format: http://www.case.edu/chsl/library/NIHBiosketch.pptx.
Additional points to consider:
If you have questions about the process, please contact Kathy Blazar at email@example.com.
- Investigators need to update their personal profile on eRA Commons
- Public access compliance need to be up to date
- All non-CWRU, most especially international, collaborators must also be compliant if they are named as key personnel.
If you have news or information that you wish to have included in this
update, please send it via e-mail to Tracy Wilson-Holden at
firstname.lastname@example.org no later than
5 pm on the Monday of the week that the update is to be distributed. If you
know of individuals who may be interested in receiving this update, please forward this e-mail to them. To subscribe or unsubscribe
to Case Research News, email your request to Tora Williams at
Please note: At the time of this transmission, all links functioned.
However, Case Research News cannot guarantee that the information will not move or be