Basser Research Center, Penn Medicine
The Basser Research Center for BRCA at Penn Medicine’s Abramson Cancer Center announces the Basser External Research Grant Program, which focuses on projects that have the potential to advance the care of individuals living with BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutations. Research grant applications in basic science, prevention, early detection, or targeted therapeutics and relevant to the study of BRCA1/2 will be considered. Grants that demonstrate a potential for translation into clinical practice will be prioritized for funding.
Funding Level: Basser Innovation Award. Three $100,000, one-year, high-risk idea projects will be awarded.
Deadline for mandatory Letters of Intent: March 30, 2015.
Deadline for full application: May 11, 2015.
For more information visit the Penn Medicine website.
Reminder: New NIH biosketch format effective May 25th, 2015
The new NIH Biosketch format will take effect for applications submitted on or after May 25, 2015. Key changes include:
- Extending the biosketch page limit to 5 pages
- Allowing PIs and researchers to include up to four references in their personal statement
- Allowing researchers to describe up to five of their most important contributions to science
- Allowing researchers to include a link that provides access to a full list of your published work
Kathy Blazar, interim director at our Cleveland Health Sciences Library, has prepared a power point presentation that can help you navigate the new format: http://www.case.edu/chsl/library/NIHBiosketch.pptx.
Additional points to consider:
If you have questions about the process, please contact Kathy Blazar at email@example.com.
- Investigators need to update their personal profile on eRA Commons
- Public access compliance need to be up to date
- All non-CWRU, most especially international, collaborators must also be compliant if they are named as key personnel.
Research ShowCASE 2015 - Save the Date, Download the App
Friday, April 17, 2015
9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Veale Convocation Center
Download the CWRU Research ShowCASE 2015 Mobile App and start planning your visit.
Once you've downloaded the app, you can:
- Select Guidebook from the Apple App Store or Android Marketplace or visit http://guidebook.com/getit from your smartphone
- Search under “Schools” and choose “Case Western Reserve University”
- Choose “Research ShowCASE 2015”
- Start exploring!
- View the Schedule of Events
- Search for posters of interest
- Map out the posters you want to see
- Take one of our pre-defined “Journeys” to view posters on specific topics
- See where to park
- See our sponsors
Check us out:
Like us on FaceBook at https://www.facebook.com/CWRUResearchShowcase
Tweet about us using #CWRUShowCASE2015
On the web at http://showcase.case.edu.
The Data Incubator
The Data Incubator is offering an intensive 7 week fellowship that prepares masters, PhDs, and postdocs in STEM + social science fields seeking industry careers as data scientists. The program is free for fellows and supported by sponsorships from dozens of employers across multiple industries. There will be both an in-person (in NYC, DC, SF) and online section of the fellowship. There is a common application for both the online and in-person sections.
Dates: All sections will be from June 1, 2015 to July 17, 2015
For more information visit the Data Incubator website.
New Facilities and Administrative (F&A) Rate for Use in Proposals
Negotiations with the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) regarding the University’s F&A rates have concluded. DHHS has approved a (3) three year F&A rate of 58.5% for CWRU, which is a 1.5 percentage point change from our previous rate of 57%. This rate will be effective through June 2016.
The new F&A rate should be used when preparing proposal budgets for awards with an anticipated start date of July 1, 2013 or after.
Read the full notice of this change at: https://ora.ra.cwru.edu/research/docs/2012.10.08_Facilities_and_Administrative_rate.pdf.
If you have news or information that you wish to have included in this
update, please send it via e-mail to Tracy Wilson-Holden at
firstname.lastname@example.org no later than
5 pm on the Monday of the week that the update is to be distributed. If you
know of individuals who may be interested in receiving this update, please forward this e-mail to them. To subscribe or unsubscribe
to Case Research News, email your request to Tora Williams at
Please note: At the time of this transmission, all links functioned.
However, Case Research News cannot guarantee that the information will not move or be