The Case Western Reserve Technology Transfer Office (TTO) serves CWRU innovators with full-spectrum intellectual property services. For both faculty and students, we provide intellectual property- and commercialization-related support that spans the research & development continuum. We serve our researchers by assessing and building upon the commercial potential of new ideas and inventions. Through interaction with our inventors, regional and national networks - including our affiliate healthcare systems - and potential commercial partners, we endeavor to determine the best path of translation and ultimate commercialization for university intellectual assets.
Technology Transfer Office Activities Include:
- Material Transfer Agreements (MTAs)
- Confidentiality Agreements (CDAs)
- Filing patent applications
- Innovation assessment and patent development
- Intellectual property sponsor reporting (e.g., federal iEdison and/or foundation reporting)
- Grant application support (IP disposition plans)
- License Agreements
- New Enterprise Development (Startups or Spinoffs)
- IP educational programs for students and faculty
- Corporate venture financing and governance participation
- Regional and state economic development collaboration and representation
- Join us as CWRU hosts the Association of University Technology Managers Partnering Forum on Medical Imaging Technology on April 23 and 24th at the Global Center for Health Innovation. For more information, click here.
- For questions about High Throughput Screening services at CWRU, please contact Stephanie Weidenbecher at 216-368-6191.
- For questions about your Invention Disclosure Form (IDF), please contact Joy Chen at 216-368-0362.
- Do you have a Material Transfer Agreement (MTA) that needs to be approved and signed? Please complete our MTA Review Form (required for all MTAs) and send the completed form, along with an electronic copy of the incoming MTA to Andrew Jarrell
- For questions about your Material Transfer Agreement (MTA), please contact Andrew Jarrell at 216-368-1401.
- For all other questions, please contact Daniel Pendergast at 216-368-0184.